Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-020927
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Installation and development of the laboratory computer information programs.
- Assist with performing system upgrades and providing system maintenance whenever necessary.
- Possess advanced software knowledge and the ability to supervise projects
- Develop standard operating procedures and policies and create training tools for laboratory information systems users.
- Data entry of new laboratory test builds and test edits, collaborating with laboratory leaders for technical and medical review of test builds
- Prepare and organize EHR communications on test build information for distribution to clients and EMR vendors, providing a timeline for proposed go-live scheduled dates.
- Confer with laboratory personnel to determine specific information system needs and facilitate changes to system software or design.
- Knowledgeable with laboratory workflow and terminology, principles of computer hardware, software, and networking, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), HL7 interfaces, SQL or relational database, and various software applications.
A Sr. Database/Clinical Analyst's duties include analyzing computer information systems and applications and identifying areas for improvement to workflow and efficiencies. They may troubleshoot malfunctions with hardware or software, and perform systems checks to ensure that security measures are being followed. Other duties may include training new laboratory staff on information systems and ensuring that data input and information retrieval are completed properly. Light travel may be involved.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution. The major areas of concentration should be information management, computer science or healthcare administration.
A minimum of five (5) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The ability to work and collaborate well with other teams to accomplish mutual goals and objectives.
Work is performed under basic normal working conditions as in a standard office environment.
Work requires the physical demands of standing, bending, lifting, stooping or performing other work requiring light physical exertion and frequent walking.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.