Location: Austin Lab - Wall Street,
Internal Number: REQ-020304
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Position Summary: The Patient Records Release Specialist is responsible for performing specialized clerical duties such as record keeping and managing forms and information. The PRRS will be responsible for responding to queries from patients by phone, fax, email, or any other form. The PRRS will be responsible for providing information and feedback to department employees and other CPL departments from data received in the Customer Service Records Release department and for insuring the paperwork produced is accurate and timely based on established protocols and regulations. The PRSS will be responsible for delivering high quality service on all calls answered in the department and have superior ability to multi-task in a high stress environment.
- Manages the queue and answers questions first and foremost for the Records Release Department.
- Handles and triages calls.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment, and problem solving skills to ensure quality information is released.
- Follows established policies and procedures for records release, billing, clinical, documentation, and customer service.
- Identifies problems which may adversely affect the release of the record(s), billing, clinical, or customer service and takes appropriate action, including supervisor notification.
- Understands and follows all CPL policies.
- Possesses knowledge of modern office equipment and able to use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing correspondence, completes all forms, answers queries by searching and retrieving files.
- Performs data entry for queries.
- Process and scan paperwork to be entered into Misys.
- Fax, print, and photocopy files.
- Store and extract the file information from computers.
- Audits report against the order to ensure quality.
- Understands and follows all HIPAA guidelines.
- Participates in departmental Customer Service Meetings.
- Follows Compliance procedures and participates in Compliance training.
- Utilizes personal and professional skills to promote excellent customer service.
- Communicates with CPL staff and its customers to ensure quality.
- Maintains and supports a service oriented relationship with customers.
- Respects and protects the confidentiality of information relative to patients and clients.
- Strives to preserve a positive work environment.
- Aids with special customer service projects as assigned during down time.
- Effectively utilizes departmental resources
- Demonstrates efficiency by handling calls promptly and determining priority based on the situation.
- Utilizes appropriate supplies with minimal waste.
- Utilizes slow times constructively.
Scope: Promotes quality client/patient relations and creates a supportive climate by serving as a role model for other employees. Respects and maintains the confidentiality of laboratory and financial information. Practices and adheres to all company policies and regulations.
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Minimum - Associates degree in the Healthcare field or more than 2 years in the medical field.
Preferred - Bachelor degree in laboratory science or Medical Technology program.
Minimum - 1 year of Call Center experience in the Customer Service Department and/or experience in other department(s) at CPL or another laboratory
Preferred - 2 years or more of Call Center experience and or medical or medical records release experience.
Skills: Excellent customer service and communication skills. Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to cope with varied levels of workload and multiple tasks. Ability to adapt to changing work environment. Works well independently. Able to type at least 35 wpm.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Customer Service Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor or other designated person
Physical Demands: Requires sitting for long periods of time in a small cubicle. Requires manipulation of tools, objects, and equipment using the following physical motions: pushing, pulling, lifting, reaching above shoulder height, grasping with one hand or both, extensive typing, twisting and reaching. Routinely requires coordination of two or more physical operations. Requires ability to hear audible sounds via headset or telephone handset.
Environmental Demands: Works in a temperature controlled environment. Works in a small, noisy environment. May be required to operate fire and safety equipment or follow other safety procedures in an emergency situation. May be required to work with time constraints and crisis situations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.