Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Internal Number: REQ-020956
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
We are hiring for a part-time Pathology Assistant (Saturday rotation).
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for assuring correct accessioning of all surgical specimens, the gross description and complete dissection of surgical pathology specimens.
- Under the supervision of the assigned Pathologist, the Pathology Assistant will perform partial or complete dissections of surgical pathology specimens.
- Select and submit appropriate tissue sections for microscopic examination.
- Assist in facilitating slide and tissue block filing and retrieval, transport of slides and tissue blocks for consult, and monthly quality assurance activities, as applicable.
- Assist in updating the surgical pathology gross dissection section of the procedure manual as directed by the Medical Director.
- Assist with certain specialized procedures or projects as designated by the Medical Director.
- Perform frozen section microtomy and digital microscopy following appropriate, documented training.
- Recognize when troubleshooting is needed for processing, embedding, cutting, staining
- Work in a fast-paced laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control
All you need is:
- Successful completion of PA program
- 1 year of laboratory training or experience performing high complexity testing
- Certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists or equivalent
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated pipettes, and audible alarms
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory training or experience in a high volume laboratory with documented special stain and immunohistochemistry experience
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
American Esoteric Labs
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.