Location: McCall, Idaho
***SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
St. Luke's Health System in McCall s seeking a Medical Assistant 2 (Credentialed) to join our team.
The Medical Assistant 2 is responsible for assisting licensed providers with patient care. Has working knowledge and skills developed through formal training. Works within established policies and procedures.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Sterilizes, cleans, and performs checks on medical equipment.
- Prepares patients for examination.
- Provides technical, clinical, and clerical support to licensed independent provider.
- Performs medical procedures within scope of roles and responsibilities.
- Processes prescription medication for refill under the supervision of a licensed independent provider.
- Assists licensed independent provider in patient exams and office procedures.
- Prepares basic laboratory tests on premises and prepares laboratory specimens.
- Enters diagnostic or medication orders under the direction of a licensed independent provider.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current recognized National Certification as a Medical Assistant and American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Jenn Sturman at firstname.lastname@example.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.