Location: Reno, Nevada
Internal Number: REQ-021434
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You put the pro in medical laboratory professional. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the technical training to deliver quality results. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Reno, NV 89503
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 9:30 am shift, but will rotate with 7:30 am shift
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will:
- Perform a vital part of the patient care process through accurate data entry of patient and specimen information. You will handle patient slides, process and stain cytology and bone marrow specimens, perform specimen send outs, and be a resource to our clients, doctors, and other team members.
- Perform and document scheduled preventative maintenance on instruments and stain lines.
- Recognize when troubleshooting is needed and perform such.
- Work in a fast-paced laboratory environment with biological and chemical hazards, working around human tissue samples.
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control.
All you need is:
- At minimum, a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of laboratory training or experience is preferred.
- Strong typing, reading, writing, and analytical skills. Should be able to multi-task effectively, be a self-starter, and monitor own work for quality.
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, automated analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, and audible alarms
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory training or experience in a high-volume pathology laboratory.
Western Pathology Consultants, Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Western Pathology Consultants
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.