Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-020786
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You are a superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the drive to keep things running smoothly. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Rye Brook, NY
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 9:00 P.M. - 5:30 A.M.
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will:
Receive sort and accession medical samples by product line or specimen type for laboratory testing. This includes courier check in, opening packages, patient verification, data entry and accessioning (numbering), send outs and scanning copies of requisitions daily. Use a computer for data entry, specimen verification and printing accessioning labels. Identify samples that require clarification.
- Prepares and sorts patient requisitions, and identifies and interprets data to be entered into the information system.
- Researches available websites for missing patient insurance information and contacts referring physicians' office for missing patient demographics or insurance information.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from patient requisitions, face sheets, or photocopy of patients' insurance card, into the information system following the format displayed on the screen.
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control.
All you need is:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) months data entry and/or laboratory experience is preferred.
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills.
Bonus points if you've got:
- 1 - 2 years of related experience in clinical laboratory, data entry, or production
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
Company: Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
3rd Shift (United States of America)
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.