Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant to join our Elks Children's Pavilion team.
Under direct supervision, assists the ophthalmologist as needed documenting clinical and other information in the patient chart as directed.
This position will be rotating between the Children's Pavilion in Boise and the Meridian Medical Center.
- Monday - Friday 0745- 1700
- Obtains patient history to include chief complaint, history of present illness, past history, family history, and history of allergies and medications.
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients from the waiting room, to the examination room, to the physician and making them comfortable during the wait.
- Assist in the performance of clinical procedures requiring special assistance as directed by the provider.
- Check calibration of equipment and make adjustments or calls for service as necessary.
- Clerical duties as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience: 0 years relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current Certified Ophthalmic Assistant Certificate from JCAHPO.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
For more information, please contact Jenn Sturman at firstname.lastname@example.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.